This year, I’m attending The Global Leadership Summit from the satellite location at my home church in Avon, IN. Once again, I’m sharing my notes from this excellent event here on my blog. So, tune in for the next 2 days and catch the notes from each of the speakers.
It’s my hope that these notes will not only add value to you as a leader, but also give you some practical ideas to share the notes with your team. Lastly, head over to my Facebook page to join in on the conversation and let’s share our favorite quotes and take-aways there!
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event telecast LIVE in HD from Willow’s campus near Chicago every August to hundreds of locations in North America. Throughout the fall, Summit events take place at an additional 675+ sites in 125 countries and 59 languages.
FREDRIK HÄRÉN Author; Business Creativity Expert
Fredrik Härén is a business creativity expert who has authored nine books, including The Idea Book—credited as one of “The 100 Best Business Books of All Time.” He is a global speaker who has been invited to speak to leaders in more than 60 countries on six continents on the importance of creativity in solving problems. Recognizing how challenging this is, Härén provides practical steps to help individuals and organizations become more creative.
- 98% of people surveyed say that they think creativity is important in their jobs
- 45% of people surveyed say that they think they are creative
- Big countries have big egos
- There is no correlation between creative confidence and creativity
- Only 2% of people surveyed say that their organization invests enough in developing their people’s creativity
- I think that the most important thing a leader can do is develop the creativity in those that they lead
- What is an idea? – one person takes 2 formally known things and combines them in a new way
- We as mortals can only combine what has already been created
- Creativity – a person takes knowledge and information and combines it in a new way
- Idea = p(k+i)
- The plus is what makes the difference
- I took a book and a notebook and put them together in a new way and it’s my IdeaBook
- 1% of the people who live in Iceland have bought my book and I think that’s better than Harry Potter
- We are living in a time where creativity has never been more important
- Idea-perception – your ability to see that the world has changed
- We didn’t go from book to ebook – we went from book to facebook, book to Angry Birds, etc.
- We human beings aren’t very good at change
- When a man says something confidently, it doesn’t means he’s right – it just means he’s confident.
- The people that you’re leading are stuck doing things the way they’ve always done it because someone told them that that’s the way it’s supposed to be done
- What if we understood as leaders that we have the potential to make the world better by helping our people become more creative
- Bring creativity to your organization by being a creative leader
- What’s the most creative thing I’ve done as a leader?
- What’s something creative that you could do as a leader?
- We get closer to our Creator by being creative