This year, I’m attending The Global Leadership Summit from the satellite location at my home church in Avon, IN. Once again, I’m sharing my notes from this excellent event here on my blog. So, tune in for the next 2 days and catch the notes from each of the speakers.
It’s my hope that these notes will not only add value to you as a leader, but also give you some practical ideas to share the notes with your team. Lastly, head over to my Facebook page to join in on the conversation and let’s share our favorite quotes and take-aways there!
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event telecast LIVE in HD from Willow’s campus near Chicago every August to hundreds of locations in North America. Throughout the fall, Summit events take place at an additional 675+ sites in 125 countries and 59 languages.
Founder & CEO, International Justice Mission
Gary Haugen leads International Justice Mission (IJM), a worldwide agency rescuing victims of violence, exploitation, slavery and oppression. Recognized by the U.S. State Department as a Trafficking in Persons “Hero”—the highest honor given by the U.S. government for anti-slavery leadership—Haugen is the author of three books and has been featured in Foreign Affairs, The New York Times and Forbes.
- At the last supper, Jesus knows that there is one thing that stands between all that the disciples have learned and what they will actually do – fear
- All the finest leadership training in the world can be rendered useless by fear
- Jesus says “Do not be afraid”
- Why is fear a challenge? Because fear is the silent destroyer of dreams.
- All great leadership first flows from great dreams
- Fear is the destroyer of the love that inspires the dream
- Fear replaces dreams with a pre-occupation with self
- Every day fear goes to work to try to destroy the dream
- You and I aren’t likely to know what scares us most deeply
- Once I exposed the real fear, I knew what I was up against – and the dream won
- Relentlessly inventory your own fears
- Ask “In this situation, what am I really afraid of?”
- Switch from playing defense to playing offense
- No great dream has ever been built on the fear of what might go wrong
- You can’t lead forward while retreating to a bunker of safety
- God is inviting His leaders to stop living in joy-killing fear
- Nearly 46 million people are held in slavery today
- Successful leaders of great dreams forge a community of courage around them
- Lone rangers do not make great dreams come true…ever
- Courage, like fear, is contagious