This year, I’m attending The Global Leadership Summit from the satellite location at my home church in Avon, IN. Once again, I’m sharing my notes from this excellent event here on my blog. So, tune in for the next 2 days and catch the notes from each of the speakers.
It’s my hope that these notes will not only add value to you as a leader, but also give you some practical ideas to share the notes with your team. Lastly, head over to my Facebook page to join in on the conversation and let’s share our favorite quotes and take-aways there!
The Global Leadership Summit is a two-day event telecast LIVE in HD from Willow’s campus near Chicago every August to hundreds of locations in North America. Throughout the fall, Summit events take place at an additional 675+ sites in 125 countries and 59 languages.
Founder & Senior Pastor, Daystar Christian Centre in Nigeria
Under Sam Adeyemi’s leadership, Daystar Christian Centre grew from a handful of people to more than 25,000 people weekly—with highly recognized community impact projects. The author of numerous best-selling books, his television programs reach viewers on all continents. Adeyemi founded Daystar Leadership Academy, which is dedicated to releasing a new generation of leaders who will serve as catalysts in the transformation of Africa and the world.
- Our church started with very limited resources 22 years ago
- We had a problem, we weren’t attracting the kind of people that I believe God showed me that we would attract
- I realized that in leadership you don’t attract what you want, you attract who you are
- The leadership dynamic works when there is alignment between the sense of identity of the leader and that of the followers
- When people say that their leader is charismatic, it actually means that that leader is simply the prototype of the ideal person of that people group
- A leader’s responsibility is to help people to become something they’ve never been before
- Unleashing the potential of ordinary people is the miracle of leadership
- Real and sustainable change in people’s lives begins with a change in their sense of identity
- The heart of the matter is a matter of the heart
- Most people are sabotaged by self-limiting beliefs that have been shaped by their history and their experiences
- Changing people from the inside out makes leadership truly transformational
- Whatever people SEE and HEAR consistently over time will enter their hearts and put their lives on autopilot
- To change the people that you lead from the inside out – change what they see and hear
- Describe your vision over and over
- Vision is the ability to see people, places and things not just as they are but as they will be
- With vision, leaders see future leaders in their followers
- It’s important how you treat others
- Set up a structured training system
- Model transformation – people try to reach a standard they can see
- Set high standards for yourself
- As you grow, tell those you lead that whatever they see you do, they can do themeselves
- Reinvent yourself over and over – You “die” at one level to evolve to another
- To become someone you’ve never been before, you must let go of who you are today
- Many leaders are stuck at one level of success because their own ability to grow has been stunted by their current success